Επισκόπηση θέσης εργασίας
We are a leading international research institute of Saarland University in the heart of Europe, close to France and Luxemburg. Headed by Prof. Dr. Christoph Wittmann, our team of dedicated scientists works on systems biology, systems biotechnology and systems metabolic engineering and designs tailor-made cell factories and bioprocesses for industrial applications. We provide cutting-edge platforms for systems-wide omics analysis of microbes (including transcriptome, fluxome, and metabolome) and their genomic engineering, highly-equipped bioprocessing laboratories for cultivation, as well as software tools for modeling and simulation. We are partners in a number of collaborative projects and cooperate globally with institutes and industrial companies.
We offer 3 PhD positions (TVL E13 50%, fixed term contract 3 years), dedicated to systems metabolic engineering of industrial microorganisms. The positions are open from May 1 2018. The following topics are available
– Systems metabolic engineering of Streptomyces for antibiotics production (Ref. W1331)
– Systems metabolic engineering of Streptomyces for polyketide production (Ref. W1332)
– Systems metabolic engineering of Corynebacterium glutamicum using CRISPR/Cas9 technology (Ref. W1333)
– Very good master degree in biotechnology, bioengineering or a related field with a solid background in quantitative bioengineering
– Out-going personality and excellent teamwork skills
– High self-motivation and passion for science
– Excellent communication skills; including English language
Further details: 3 PhD Positions, Saarland University, Germany (2018)
The closing date is 15 March 2018.
Επιστήμες Μηχανικών, Μηχανικών