Επισκόπηση θέσης εργασίας
Organisation: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Project: MSF Europe Migrations
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3-months contract (possible extension for other 6 months)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organisation that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centres (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MSF obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and newborn caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications.
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardized protocols.
- Ensure implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling).
- Collaborate with the medical doctor and /or midwife in the management of Sexual Violence cases.
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
- Guarantee a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for SRH primary health activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders).
- Properly follow up all newborn babies, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination, birth certificate and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected.
- Participate in the organization of the SRH activities in collaboration with other midwives and/or the activity supervisor. Ensure transfer of relevant information to the SRH medical team (specially identifying risk cases).
- According to MSF protocols, identify cases needing referral at a 2ndary or 3rdary health structures.\
Education: Essential midwifery qualification or specialization. Desired Bachelor in Midwifery.
Experience: Essential working experience of at least two years in midwife activities related jobs. Desirable previous experience working with other NGOs.
Languages: Mission language (English) and local language (Greek) essential. Other languages would be an asset: Arab, Farsi, French.
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Health Insurance
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code «Athens Midwife» in the subject line of the email.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date is 18 May 2018.
Δίπλωμα ΙΕΚ, Επιστήμες Υγείας, Υγείας