Επισκόπηση θέσης εργασίας
You will be part of the Business Cycle Analysis Division in the Directorate General Economic Developments. In the Division we analyse and forecast aggregate and sectoral real macroeconomic developments in the euro area and its largest countries. This includes business cycle monitoring, short-term forecasting, the analysis of the main domestic demand components, risk analyses and the assessment of uncertainties surrounding the economic outlook. The Division also assesses the euro area accounts and prepares external communications on business cycle developments. Our output includes articles and studies in publications such as the Economic Bulletin, Annual Report, Occasional Paper Series and Working Paper Series. Currently we are working on new projects, models and tools aimed at deepening our analyses of the euro area business cycle and the effect of policies. Participants in the programme will have the opportunity to cooperate closely with the economists in the Division and will be involved in all stages of research projects, the findings of which are then typically used for policy advice and can be published in international academic journals. Participants will also have the chance to support economists in preparing policy-related notes and reports. The opportunity to work closely with the economists in the Division will allow students to develop analytical skills and gain insight into the research activities and policy-making processes of the ECB, thereby enabling them to acquire new ideas and stimuli for their future graduate studies. To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
As a PhD trainee you will:
- contribute to the enhancement of analytical, econometric and forecasting tools;
- be involved in analytical projects, in cooperation with economists of the Division, aimed at the enhancement of the policy capabilities of the Division and potentially with a view to publication;
- conduct empirical analyses using databases, Excel and econometric software;
- support projects by identifying and designing the most suitable technical solutions to meet functional requirements, taking into account architecture principles, reference architecture patterns and tactical and strategic enterprise architecture goals and directions;
- contribute to the Economic Bulletin and other regular internal and external publications of the Directorate General Economics, in collaboration with other business areas within the ECB.
Επιστήμες Μηχανικών, Μηχανικών, Οικονομικές, Οικονομικές Επιστήμες