Επισκόπηση θέσης εργασίας
Develop your academic understanding of the media industry, improve your knowledge and focus on an in-depth piece of research away from the pressure of tight deadlines.
The media industry is undergoing profound change, and evolving practice mean agile thinking and a deep understanding of the major issues and challenges are key to industry success.
As a Reuters Institute Journalist Fellow you’ll spend one, two or three terms at the University of Oxford, one of the world’s leading universities, where you’ll:
– Attend seminars given by a diverse and high-level range of guest speakers who will share their insights into key industry trends and developments;
– Work with an experienced supervisor, usually an Oxford academic, to produce a research paper which will be published and promoted by the Reuters Institute;
– Visit world-class news organizations and gain insights into how they are approaching industry challenges. Previous visits have included trips to Thomson Reuters, The Financial Times, The BBC, The Economist and The Guardian;
– Join trips to key UK cultural and political organizations and institutions. Previous destinations have included Oxfam, the House of Commons and Stratford-upon-Avon, home of Shakespeare;
– Exchange ideas and experiences with a diverse and international peer group. Around 25 Fellows a year join us from high-level media organizations all over the world. Strengthen your network, develop a global set of contacts and gain insights into international trends and developments;
– Benefit from the extensive learning facilities offered by the University of Oxford, including the world-famous Bodleian Library and access to various seminars and lectures across the university. You are also encouraged to engage with the university’s cutting-edge specialist research facilities, including centers for African, Middle Eastern, South Asian, Eastern and Western European, Japanese and Chinese studies;
– Be given visiting scholar status of Green Templeton College.
– The Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism offer fully funded Fellowship to well established mid-career journalists from throughout the world;
– Have a minimum of five years’ experience in any branch of journalism;
– Demonstrate sufficient proficiency in English to be able to participate fully in the life of the Programme and write a research paper in English of publishable quality;
– Be an ambitious, high-achieving journalist with a high level of written spoken English;
– Have a demonstrable desire to focus on a piece of research related to the media, which you will work on during your time at the Reuters Institute;
– Applications are accepted from freelance journalists, however they must be working journalists who plan to work as journalists after the Fellowship;
– Candidates who are carrying out a research project within one of the Reuters Institute of Journalism’s areas of interest will be given priority in the selection process.
The closing date is 31 January 2018.
Επικοινωνίας, Επιστήμες Επικοινωνίας
Σχετικές θέσεις εργασίας (1)
PhD Scholarships, Liverpool John Moores University, UK (2018)
Δημοσιεύτηκε στις 19/01/2018
Are you looking to study at a prestigious university in the UK? Then you are at the right place, LMJU is offering you a fully-funded scholarship. There are a limited.. Διαβάστε περισσότερα