Επισκόπηση θέσης εργασίας
World Press Photo’s 2018 annual international contest is opening for entries soon and photographers from all parts of the world are invited to prepare their best work.
This photo contest rewards photographers for the best single exposure pictures contributing to the past year of visual journalism.
The prize-winning photographs are assembled into an exhibition that travels to 45 countries and is seen by more than 4 million people each year. The winning pictures are also published in the World Press Photo yearbook, which is available in multiple languages, and can be purchased in our store.
All nominees are brought to Amsterdam in April, 2018 to receive their prize during the World Press Photo Festival, an event featuring photographer presentations, screenings, talks, and the Awards Ceremony.
The 2018 World Press Photo Contest includes the following categories:
– Contemporary Issues – Single pictures or stories documenting cultural, political or social issues affecting individuals or societies.
– Environment – Single pictures or stories documenting human impact, positive or negative, on the environment.
– General News – Single pictures or stories reporting on news topics and their aftermaths.
– Long-Term Projects – A project on a single theme that has been shot over at least three different years.
– Nature – Single pictures or stories showing flora, fauna and landscapes in their natural state.
– People – Single pictures or stories of individuals or groups either in observed or posed portraits.
– Sports – Single pictures or stories that capture individual or team sports.
– Spot News – Single pictures or stories witnessing news moments or immediate events.
The World Press Photo Contest, organized by the World Press Photo Foundation, began in 1955. Today the contest attracts well over 5,000 participants from around 125 countries, who together send in upwards of 95,000 photos.
Further details: World Press Photo Contest, 2018
The closing date is 4 January 2018.
Σχετικές θέσεις εργασίας (10)
Better with Less – Packaging Design Competition, 2018
Δημοσιεύτηκε στις 13/12/2017
Packaging design competition “Better with Less” challenges designers to create more environmentally-friendly solutions. Оrganized by Metsä Board, this international competition aims to find new packaging solutions for some of the.. Διαβάστε περισσότερα
2ος Διαγωνισμός Λογοτεχνικής Μετάφρασης
Δημοσιεύτηκε στις 11/12/2017
Το Ιταλικό Μορφωτικό Ινστιτούτο Αθηνών και το Μορφωτικό Γραφείο της Ιταλικής Πρεσβείας στην Ελλάδα προκηρύσσει τον Δεύτερο Διαγωνισμό Λογοτεχνικής Μετάφρασης σε αναγνώριση του πολύτιμου έργου της πολιτιστικής διαμεσολάβησης που προσφέρουν.. Διαβάστε περισσότερα
BP Portrait Award 2018 – International Painting Competition
Δημοσιεύτηκε στις 08/12/2017
Entry is now open for the BP Portrait Award 2018, the most prestigious portrait painting competition in the world. With an increased first prize of £35,000, the Award is aimed.. Διαβάστε περισσότερα
Young Package 2018 – International Design Competition
Δημοσιεύτηκε στις 07/12/2017
Now in its 23rd year, Young Package is open for entries for the 2018 international design competition in packaging design, themed: Coffee Mania. The competition was founded to invite students.. Διαβάστε περισσότερα
LensCulture Exposure Awards 2018 – Photo Competition
Δημοσιεύτηκε στις 07/12/2017
Now in its 9th year, the LensCulture Exposure Awards are open for entries for 2018 to photographers of all levels and any part of the world. The competition aims to.. Διαβάστε περισσότερα